Why retain a Construction Manager? Large construction projects can be complex, with many “moving parts”. A good #ConstructionManager is like the glue holding the process together, educating and leading Owners through the challenges of design and construction. The benefit of an independent team of professionals managing the project is enormous. A professional Construction Manager will:
- Serve as an objective, experienced Owner’s Representative to protect the Client’s and project’s best interests first and foremost.
- Reduce overall project costs, usually well in excess of their fees. Savings include enhanced competitive bidding, contract negotiation, value engineering, reduced change orders, reduction in time, and elimination of unnecessary scope and cost.
- Centralize communication, acting as project liaison to fully and seamlessly integrate all participants.
- Advise the Client on retention of the best qualified and appropriate project team.
- Enhance quality control to reduce potential for defects and poor workmanship.
- Provide realistic and reliable budgets.
- Optimize and accelerate the design and construction schedule.
- Provide cost effective document controls, including contract negotiation and issuance on standard AIA forms, insurance review, and substantiation of invoices of all project participants to ensure correctness.
- Protect the Owner from unnecessary liability.
- Provide management expertise, applying resources wherever needed.
The earlier a professional Construction Management firm is retained, the better. Consult with us to determine how best to accomplish your project. See more from our construction partner at Envoy, Inc. - Construction Managers.
Posted by Scott A. Baldwin at 01:51 AM on Thursday, December 5, 2013